Job Opportunity: NAD-Lembeh Diving Resort
NAD-Lembeh Diving Resort in the wonderfully mucky Lembeh Strait, Indonesia is looking for a manager(s). The job description reads: Applicants should have an excellent diving ability (at a minimum Instructor level), appropriate underwater photography and video knowledge, people skills, the ability to manage and motivate our excellent staff, and a sense of humor.
Keldan Filters explained
Mike Bartick: Slugfest
In the next installment of his series, award-winning photographer Mike Bartick has written an extensive article about the recent Anilao slugfest, illustrated with his stunning images. The event added more species to the master list of species extant in Anilao, bringing the number recorded to over 1,000. In his article, Mike also shares a primer about nudibranch behavior and some tips on how to find and photograph these charismatic animals
Editorial: In the clearing stands a boxer
Happy Lunar New Year
Wetpixel wishes all those that are celebrating the Lunar New year, a very happy and joyous celebration. We hope that your festivities will be joyous and that the new year will bring you amazing images! May the Year of the Pig be a fantastic year for you.
Review: Wet Close Up Lenses
Wetpixel member and blogger Interceptor 121 aka Massimo Franzese has kindly shared a video review that he has recently carried out on a range of wet close up lenses with Micro 4/3 cameras. His results do have resonance with other camera types too. In this report, he has tested the Inon UCL67 and Inon UCL90 along with the Nauticam CMC 1 and CMC 2.
Video: One Breath around the World by Guillaume Néry
Freediver and performer Guillaume Néry has released his latest short film. Entitled One Breath Around The World it documents his project of the same name. He describes it: “It is a kind of a freediving World Tour that brings them to discover exceptional sites of our blue planet and meet people or animals as exceptional.”
Panasonic announces LUMIX S series full frame mirrorless cameras
Panasonic has announced their new S1 and S1R full frame mirrorless cameras. The S1R has a 47.3 MP full-frame CMOS sensor while the LUMIX S1 comes with a 24.2 MP version. Both feature the L mount lens standard and offer video recording at 4K 60p/50p with the S1 capable of 4:2:2 10-bit 4K 30p/25p internal video recording and 4K 60p/50p HDMI output as well as V-Log, with an optional software upgrade key that will follow later in the year.
- The ocean’s most efficient jet engine is the chambered… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D to version 1.4.7 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 Distortion Control Data to Version 2.017 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to version 1.14 (via )
- New population of world’s rarest fish found of Tasmania (via )
- Cuttlefish, master of camouflage, reveals a new trick (via )
- Insecto photographers seeks millions of dollars from pest… (via )
- Google removes “view image” button in image search to protect… (via )
- What National Geographic photo editors actually do (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC Classic to version 7.2 (via )