NiMAR ships two housings for Canon EOS RP
AQUA by Pietro Formis available for pre-order
Underwater photographer Pietro Formis has announced that his book “AQUA, Underwater World Mysteries” will be available from 5 June. Featuring 128 pages with 110 photos, the book sets out to both entertain and educate with information about the marine environment, its plight and the creatures that live within it.
Paper suggests shark catches are significantly underreported
Seychelles President calls for Protection of the Oceans
The President of the Seychelles, Danny Faure, has described the oceans as “the beating blue heart of our planet.” He made the comment during a live broadcast from a submersible at 124 meters (406ft) of depth beneath the Indian Ocean.
Latest edition of Frogfish Textbook seeks crowdfunding
Professor Ted Pietsch has completed a new edition of the seminal reference book, “Frogfishes of the World.” Its 986 pages contain almost all new images along with full details of the 9 new species recently discovered and information from recently discovered fossils. the author needs to raise $6,000 in order to get the book printed and has launched a GoFundMe page to attract donations.
Reef ID Books releases Coral Triangle Nudibranch guide
Reef ID Books have released their guide to Nudibranchs of the Coral Triangle. Designed as a field guide, the 146-page book catalogs over 1,000 species extant in the waters of six Southeast Asian countries: Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Malaysia, Timor-Leste and Solomon Islands.
Kron Technology announces Chronos 2.1 high-speed camera
At the NAB Show in Las Vegas, Kron Technologies has announced their 2.1 Chronos 2.1 high-speed camera. It is capable of capturing 1080HD resolution footage at a frame rate of 1,000 fps and up to 100,000 fps at lower resolutions. It has a 4/3 sensor capturing 2.1 gigapixels per second and between 2.5 to 11 seconds of recording time, depending on the RAM size.
Canon announces EOS Rebel SL3
Canon has announced the EOS Rebel SL3 (EOS 250D in some markets). The APS-C camera has a 24.1 MP sensor with the DIGIC 8 image processor, which offers a native ISO range of 100-25600. It is the lightest an most compact EOS camera within the current ranges and offers video at 4K/25p.
- Canon updates EOS R firmware to 1.2.0 (via )
- Nikon D850 Lightroom import issues with certain files and… (via )
- Sony updates a7/a7R III firmware to version 3.0 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom and Camera RAW (via )
- Alien Skin updates Exposure X to version 4.5 (via )
- Sony releases firmware ver. 5.00 for a9 camera (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX, ViewNX-i and Picture Control Utility (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Compressor and Motion (via )
- Olympus updates E-M10 II and E-M10 III to v.1.4 and v.1.2… (via )
- Canon updates EOS RP to firmware version 1.1.0 (via )