GoPro announces HERO7 cameras
GoPro has announced three HER07 cameras. The Black camera offers Hypersmooth in-camera image stabilization and recording in 4K60 video, 1080p240, and 12MP photos. Both the Silver and White versions have some stabilization with recording at 4K30 and 1440/60 respectively. All the models are waterproof to 33 ft (10 m) without a housing.
Episode 6 of Timor-Leste From Below has been released
Episode 6 of the Scubazoo web series Timor-Leste from Below has been released. This episode focuses on the very special sperm whales of Timor-Leste. “Once feared by sailors on the high seas, sperm whales hold a special place in human history. However despite being the largest predator on the planet these ocean giants are greatly misunderstood. Bertie ventures into the waters off Dili, Timor-Leste to try and encounter a real life Moby Dick!”
Alien Skin releases Exposure X4
Lone narwhal adopted by beluga pod in St. Lawrence River
A wayward narwhal, that has been spotted for the last three years in the St. Lawrence River, has been hanging out with some friendly beluga whales. A video shot in July shows the narwhal swimming among a pod of juvenile male beluga whales. The video was shot by the Group for Research and Education on Marine Mammals (GREMM), a not for organization that focuses on whale research, conservation, and education.
Ikelite ships 8 inch DLM port
Sea&Sea releases housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Sea&Sea are shipping their housing for the Sony a7 Mark III mirrorless camera. It is compatible with all Sea&Sea’s DX port series, optical viewfinders and S1 Optical Converter and features a Buoyancy Pocket that can accommodate an additional power pack to power the camera and helps to make the relatively small housing only 700 grams negative in the water.
Seacam ships housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Atomos to ship Ninja V soon
Atomos will be shipping their Ninja V 4K HDR monitor/recorder by the end of September. Designed to work with the new crop of mirrorless cameras, it offers a 5 inch, 1000 nit monitor and 10 plus stops of dynamic range. Recording is to Atomos AtomX SSDmini drives, as well as existing MasterCaddy 2 compatible media.
- Canon updates firmware for EOS 6D Mark II to version 1.04 (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for Df, D810, D610 and Coolpix cameras (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for D850, D750, D500, D7500, D7200,… (via )
- Canon releases service advisory for EOS 70D (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for GH5, GH5s and G9 cameras (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version 1.30 for D5 camera (via )
- Plastic bag found at the bottom of the Mariana trench (via )
- A closer look at the taxidermy anteater photo (via )
- Photo of an osprey with a shark with a fish (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic to 7.3.1 (via )