Ikelite is shipping their DC4 6-inch dome port suitable for use with their compact camera housings. Constructed of acrylic, the dome replaces the standard flat port and allows for the full FOV of the camera’s lens. As it avoids the “double water line” that is created with wet lenses, it is suitable for creating over-under images.
The DC4 dome is shipping now, priced at $375 in the U.S.A.
From Ikelite’s website
DC4 6 Inch Dome for Compact Housings
Product # 6404
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Want to shoot split shots (half-in, half-out of the water) with your compact digital system? Wet lenses will increase your angle of view but create a difficult double water line when used at the surface. The answer is a 6” diameter dry dome which lengthens and smoothes the waterline yet remains compact and lightweight for travel.
Underwater, the dry dome increases your angle of coverage significantly compared to a flat port. The dome exhibits much less edge distortion than an external wet wide angle lens.
Wide angle and zoom
Underwater, the dome corrects for refraction to provide the full wide field of view. That’s substantially wider than a flat port, which magnifies the image 1.33x and reduces the field of view. Approximately 3/4 of the camera’s zoom range is usable with the dome installed.
At the surface, the large dry dome gives you greater control to get a clean, smooth water line when shooting split shots (half-in, half-out of the water). This type of shot can be impossible to get with a flat port, and extremely difficult with a wet lens or dome where you’re fighting double water lines.
Learn more about how to shoot split shots…
Ease of use
The dome replaces the standard port on the housing. Simply unthread the standard flat port and thread in the DC4 Dome unit. We recommend a rubber strap wrench commonly available at your local hardware store or as product # 0945.01 (not included). The included dome shade reduces reflections, protects the dome, and allows you to set the housing down on its face for easy assembly and disassembly.
- Ikelite Action Housing for Canon PowerShot G7X # 6245.07
- Ikelite Action Housing for Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II # 6245.08
- Ikelite Housing for Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II # 6146.08
- Ikelite Housing for Canon PowerShot G1X Mark III # 6146.18
- Ikelite Housing for Olympus Stylus 1s # 6139.51
- Ikelite Housing for Panasonic Lumix LX10 # 6171.01
- Ikelite Action Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100 I, RX100 II # 6215.02
- Ikelite Action Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III, RX100 IV # 6215.04
Acetyl body with acrylic dome
13 oz (376 g)
In the Box
- Dome Port
- Dome Shade # 5516.05 (installed)
- O-ring # 0119.2 (installed)
- Neoprene cover # 0200.1
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
DC Dome Port Compatibility Chart