WWDC 2019: Highlights for image makers
Apple has announced a series of new photo and video-centric features and products at its WWDC conference. The highlight is a new Mac Pro desktop workstation, a 32” 6K Retina display, and a new OS for iPad that allows the use of external hard drives and card readers.
Inon ships hight quality 6500°K lights
Adobe and Pantone highlight coral bleaching
Adobe and Pantone, in partnership with coral conservation organizations, have announced their “Glowing, Glowing, Gone” campaign that highlighting the effects of rising sea temperatures on coral reefs by using colors. Prior to bleaching corals exhibit a stressed fluorescence color palette that the Adobe and Pantone team have exactly captured to illustrate the issue.
Majestic Explorer founders in Galapagos
Galapagos live aboard dive vessel Majestic Explorer has run aground and foundered in the Central Galapagos. Thankfully, the crew and passengers were all able to evacuate to another nearby vessel safely, but sadly a delay meant that the vessel sustained unsalvageable damage.
Nauticam ships housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1X
Firmware update adds V-Log to LUMIX S1
Panasonic announces the 6K/24p LUMIX S1H mirrorless camera
Panasonic has announced a version of their LUMIX S1 full frame mirrorless camera specifically designed for video filming that can record video at 6K/24p (3:2 aspect ratio), 5.9K/30p (16:9 aspect ratio), and 10-bit 60p 4K/C4K. The S1H also features V-Log/V-Gamut with a dynamic range of 14+ stops, XQD, and SD card slots and a 252-area DFD AF system.
Review: Datacolor SpyderX Pro
Monitor calibration is an important tool that aims to ensure that the colors we see in our images are accurately reflected on other’s and when we chose to print them. Datacolor’s Spyder family of color calibration tools are widely used to calibrate and maintain many user’s display color fidelity. Wetpixel provides a “real life” review of the latest version: The SpyderX Pro.
- Sony updates a7/a7R III firmware to version 3.0 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom and Camera RAW (via )
- Alien Skin updates Exposure X to version 4.5 (via )
- Sony releases firmware ver. 5.00 for a9 camera (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX, ViewNX-i and Picture Control Utility (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Compressor and Motion (via )
- Olympus updates E-M10 II and E-M10 III to v.1.4 and v.1.2… (via )
- Canon updates EOS RP to firmware version 1.1.0 (via )
- DaVinci Resolve update V.15.3 is available (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D EM-1 firmware to v.4.6 (via )