Video: Aquatic Human II - BTS by Behind the Mask
Behind the Mask describes their ambitious project to film wild Atlantic spotted dolphins (Stenella frontalis) interacting with free divers and Seabob high-speed underwater scooters. The film, Aquatic Human II - Dolphins and Scooters was filmed in Bimini, Bahamas and in this article, Florian describes the technical and physical challenges of capturing sequences of fast moving wild animals and fast-moving humans in the ocean.
Indonesia Coral Reef guide released
Andrey Ryanskiy has published the latest in his series of photographic marine life guides. Covering the reefs of Indonesia, the new book features 203 pages and includes over 1,600 fishes, turtles, invertebrates and marine plants.
Issue 104 of Underwater Photography magazine is available
Issue 104 of Underwater Photography (UwP) magazine is available to download. Among lots of news about product releases and trips, it features reports for the Digital and Monterey Shootouts, and reviews of the Sony A7 Mark III/Nauticam, Backscatter M52 lens, and RGBlue System 02 lights. There is a portfolio of images from Laura Storm and a guide to diving at the UK’s Farne Islands.
Issue 10 of Heinz magazine is available
Adobe drops support of legacy operating systems
Issue 87 of X-Ray Magazine available
Issue 87 of X-Ray Magazine is now available to download. Articles in the September 2018 editions include a feature about drone use with dive travel stories, fluorescence photography, the Thai cave rescue, Diving in Grenada, American crocodiles in Mexico and a portfolio from artist Kelly Clause.
Nikon announces entry level D3500 SLR camera
The D3500 entry level SLR camera has been announced by Nikon. It features a 24.2MP sensor and a native ISO range of 100-25,600. In common with most entry level Nikon SLRs, it does not have a built in focus motor and so is not compatible with non AF-S and AF-P lenses. This means that it will not work with several lenses that are important for underwater use.
Mike Bartick: Bokeh-licious
This latest installment of articles by Mike Bartick for Wetpixel focuses on Bokeh. Mike is a professional underwater photographer who is widely published and also manages the Crystal Blue Dive Resort in Anilao, Philippines. Wetpixel will be publishing a series of articles and images by Mike chock full of invaluable underwater photography tips and techniques.
- Cuttlefish, master of camouflage, reveals a new trick (via )
- Insecto photographers seeks millions of dollars from pest… (via )
- Google removes “view image” button in image search to protect… (via )
- What National Geographic photo editors actually do (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC Classic to version 7.2 (via )
- Here are Canon and Nikon’s crazy stockpiles at the Winter… (via )
- Underwater “rock climbing” by Australian freediver (via )
- A tale of a successful rescue from an underwater cave (via )
- Researcher of illegal wildlife trade murdered in Kenya (via )
- Trump inadvertently boosts donations to shark conservation… (via )