Results: DEEP Indonesia 2019
Underwater photographers from around the globe submitted their amazing images to the 2019 DEEP Indonesia contest. The judges had a tough time selecting their shortlists and ultimately, the winners. With this in mind, congratulations are definitely due to Grant Thomas for his very beautiful winning over-under image from Papua New Guinea and to all of those that are among the placings.
Hugyfot releases Vision monitor
Sony announces RX0 II
Sony has announced their RX0 II ultra-compact camera. It offers 4K 30p internal movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, an integrated swiveling screen, in-body image stabilization and enhanced color handling of skin tones. It is waterproof to 10m, and no housing compatibility has been announced yet.
Hugyfot ships housing for Sony RX100 Mark 6
Hugyfot’s Vision housing for the Sony RX100 Mark VI is machined from aluminum and rated to 200 meters (660 feet). It is available with either an integrated 7” HDMI monitor equipped with a sun hood and 2 additional battery packs; or with buttons and rotary controls to allow full camera functionality, along with a 6-hour battery pack.
Gates announces housing for RED Hydrogen One
Gates Underwater Products have announced their H1 Housing for the RED Hydrogen One smartphone (or “Media Machine.”) Waterproof to 140 feet (42 meters), the housing is designed for use while diving, snorkeling, and surfing. It is machined from a solid block of aluminum, anti-corrosion stainless steel, and impact-resistant acrylic.
Version 6 of Photo Mechanic is available
Version 6 of Photo Mechanic media browser is shipping now. The long-awaited update is a 64-Bit application and offers a 2 to 3 times increase in viewing speed. Other new features include support for fullscreen viewing, ingesting from a selection, improved crop and slide show tools and the option of uploading to Dropbox and Facebook.
Ikelite ships housing for Canon EOS RP
Backscatter ships wide angle lens for Olympus TG series cameras
Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo are shipping their M52 Wide Angle Air Lens. Designed specifically for the Olympus TG series cameras, it has an 81° field of view with full zoom throughout, including in microscope mode. Attachment is via a 52mm thread, compatible with the Olympus PT-O58 housing.
- Nikon updates D850 “C” Firmware Version 1.02 to 1.03 (via )
- RED releases DSMC2 beta V7.1 firmware to all users (via )
- Nikon updates NX-D to 1.5.0 (via )
- Nikon releases new versions of Nikon ViewNX-i, NRW Codec and… (via )
- Olympus releases firmware version 2.2.1 for E-M1 Mark II (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC and Camera Raw (via )
- Sony updates A9 firmware to 3.01 (via )
- Skylum updates Luminar to version 1.3.0 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS 6D Mark II to version 1.04 (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for Df, D810, D610 and Coolpix cameras (via )