Costa Rica pledges not to protect sharks
ICR News reports that the Costa Rican government has stated in a letter sent to environmental groups that; “it will not propose or support the inclusion of shark species with commercial interest in the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS)”.
Borneo from Below: Catsharks
Adobe provides solutions for issues with Lightroom update
Video: Wild Oceans Octopus
Pakpod launches on Kickstarter
Doubilet and Hayes to speak in Maryland
David Doubilet and Jen Hayes will be delivering their “Coral Kingdoms and Empires of Ice” lecture in Bel Air, MD on 29 October. Part of the National Geographic Live tour, the talk is about the corals of Kimbe Bay, Papua New Guinea, the ice-filled waters of Antarctica and Canada’s Gulf of St. Lawrence.
New marine reserves announced at the Our Oceans Conference
Adobe announces new and updated Creative Cloud apps
Significant new and upgraded Creative cloud apps have been announced at Adobe’s MAX Conference today. New mobile apps include Photoshop Fix and Adobe capture CC, while Lightroom mobile gets updated capabilities. On the desktop, Lightroom gets local Dehaze adjustments and a new, simplified import dialog. Premiere Pro now offers comprehensive native UHD support with additional color and HDR workflows. Adobe has also announced Portfolio, which offers Creative Cloud subscribers the ability to create portfolio websites.
- If August was bad November was worse! 4 mantas killed by gill… (via African Diver)
- Issue 25 now available (via African Diver)
- In Pictures: Cracking croc scales (via BBC)
- DIVEMAG English Issue 10 (via )
- In pictures: A kingdom of colour (via BBC)
- In pictures: National Tree Week (via BBC)
- Giant millipede habitat threat (via BBC)
- Wildlife photographer awards 2012 (via BBC)
- Beaches closed after sharks attack whale carcass (via African Diver)
- Microchips for northern dormice (via BBC)