Nauticam ships the NA-EOSM3 housing
Nauticam are shipping their housing for the Canon EOS M3 mirrorless camera. The NA-EOSM3 offers comprehensive lens and port support, as well as the company’s new “right hand on grip” shutter release extension. It has 2 “L” type fiber optic bulkheads and offers a port for the Nauticam vacuum leak detection bulkhead and an M16 port for HDMI, hydrophone or Electronic strobe triggering bulkheads.
WWF: Living Blue Planet Report 2015
The newly released WWF Living Blue Planet Report of 2015 suggests that populations of marine life have declined by half since 1970. The research tracks 5,829 populations of 1,234 mammal, bird, reptile, and fish species in the oceans. The data is then analyzed by scientists at the Zoological Society of London. (Image from Shutterstock)
Borneo from Below: The most unique dive resort on earth
Sony announces uncompressed RAW output on α series cameras
Review: Seacam Vacuum Test system
Vacuum housing systems have become de rigueur over the past couple of years, with almost all the major housing manufacturers offering them as either standard fitment, or as an option. Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon reviews Seacam’s new Vacuum Test system, including both DIY installation and use in the field.
Photoshelter asks: Do I still need a website?
The Photoshelter blog has posted an article entitled “Do I still need a website” by Allen Murabayashi. In it, he reiterates the point that although social media is a great way for creatives to get their work being viewed, it is almost impossible to use them to provide income. In addition, websites allow you to control the way imagery is presented, can be used to enhance SEO and can offer storage, delivery and client proofing tools.
Available: 2015 Complete Photography Bundle
DIVE celebrates 20 years
DIVE magazine is celebrating its 20 year anniversary with the issue of a special print edition. In keeping with its “20” theme, the special edition features the 20 top diving spots, 20 best wrecks, Douglas Seifert’s 20 favourite images and 20 contributors favourite moments in diving. The new edition also marks DIVE’s return to print publishing, with a quarterly print edition being launched.
- Drug residues ‘alter fish behaviour’ (via BBC)
- Disabled Loggerhead Turtle Gets Prosthetic Fins (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nauticam Announces NA-G15 Housing (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Australia's Shark Fin Appetite (via DivePhotoGuide)
- BBC Slideshow: Taking the Best Wildlife Shots (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Five Reasons to Love Underwater Photography on Valentine’s Day (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Will the Frankenfish get FDA Approval? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- In Pictures: National Nest Box Week (via BBC)
- New owl species is described (via BBC)
- Wildlife photos: How to take the best shots (via BBC)