X-Ray Magazine issue 66 is available
Issue 66 of X-Ray Magazine is now available to download. Featured in this issue is diving in the Bosphorus Strait, British Columbia’s freshwater interior, India’s Andaman Islands; Micronesia’s Yap and the sea lions of Los Islotes. Also included are articles about Bimini Shark Lab, lighting for underwater photography and a profile of photographer Tina Christiansen.
BBC “Shark” series goes to air
RGBlue announces image magnifier
RGBlue has released a magnification system that enlarges the view of a camera’s LCD screen. The magnifier uses “light condensing lens technology” to overcome the loss in magnification caused by water contact with the lens. The company has also released a micro flex arm to mount the magnifier.
Issue 84 of Underwater Photography Magazine is available
The May/June edition of Underwater Photography Magazine is available to download. It includes reviews of the Nauticam CMC, Saga Dive Fiber Optic Ring Flash, Vivid Housings Leak Sentinel and the G7 X compact camera. In terms of marine life, it has images of a thresher shark birth S and giant Australian cuttlefish. Featured locations include Cuba, the Mergui Archipelago and Wakatobi.
Sea&Sea announces housing for Sony a7 Mark II
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Sony a7 Mark II mirrorless camera. In addition, the company is supply a conversion ring that will allow the use of NX ports as well as the standard ML ones. The MDX-a7II is compatible and can be supplied with the internal Optical YS-Converter which converts the camera’s electrical flash triggering into an optical signal.
Fantasea releases details of housing for Canon G7 X
Image: Ray discard by Angel M. Fitor
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Fluorescence
Long-time professional underwater photographer and filmmaker Norbert Wu has been posting a series of his favorite images onto his blog. He has kindle agreed to syndicate his posts as a weekly feature onto Wetpixel too. This first episode discussed an image of fluorescing corals that was shot on film in Palau.
- Video of the Week: How Nikkor Lenses are Made (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Sockeye Salmon Use Magnetic Field to Navigate Home (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark’s Immune System Inspires Cancer Research (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Apple RAW Updates Compatibility (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Cold-Water Volcanic Vent Discovered (via DivePhotoGuide)
- The Economics of Tuna (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Can Fish Feel Pain? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- VIDEO: Is it a bird… No, it’s penguin-cam (via BBC)
- Lytro Takes a Dive…Literally (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Instagram Photo Feeds Now on the Web (via DivePhotoGuide)