Call for entries: Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous Marine
Call for entries: Neapolis International Underwater Photo contest
The Nepalis International Underwater Photo contest is calling for entries. Neapolis, in association with the Tourism and Culture Department of the City of Naples, will hold a photographic exhibition of the competition winning works. There are categories for Advanced and Novice entrants in both Mediterranean and Other Seas classes. The deadline for submissions is 21 September.
Image: Ornate ghost pipefish by Ilan Lubitz
Nauticam ships housing for Sony RX100 IV
Nauticam is shipping their new housing for the Sony RX100 IV compact camera. To allow the housing to be used with gloves, a mechanical shutter release extension is supplied with every housing. It also provides access to all camera controls and has both M14 and M16 ports. The port has 67mm threads and it has fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering.
Video: Koh Racha Noi by Earth Touch
New web series: Borneo from Below
SDUFEX deadline for entries is August 10
Outdoor Photographer of the Year is now open for entries
The Outdoor Photographer of the Year photography competition is now open for entries. The competition is hosted by Outdoor Photography magazine as well as Fjällräven and will feature a grand prize of a spot on the Fjällräven Polar dog sled expedition to the Arctic in spring 2016.
- Video of the Week: Indonesia's Raja Ampat (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Reward after buzzards shot dead (via BBC)
- Sea Slug’s Disposable Penis Surprises Scientists (via DivePhotoGuide)
- VIDEO: Reviving a Tiger Shark (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Are there Antibiotics at the bottom of the Ocean? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Sharks & Mantas of Mozambique in Peril (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Our World Underwater 2013 Competition Winners Announced (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Reptiles face risk of extinction (via BBC)
- The bug-hunters finding new species in their spare time (via BBC)
- Seafood Restaurant Fines Customers for Wasted Food (via DivePhotoGuide)